This video features world's most unusual interchanges from any metrics—such as design, driving experience, project costs, historic values and many more..
Youtube Channel: Our Tweets: Facebook page: Tumblr: Google+ page: 10. Gravely Hill Interchange Also called 'Spaghetti Juction', its is one of earliest stack interchange in the world as it opened in 1972. It is located in Birmingham, England.
9. Gate Tower Building Located in Osaka, Japan; it is the only elevated interchange that goes into buildings. It happens due to landlord refused to gave up land, hence the an agreement archived with such design.
8. Judge Harry Pregerson Interchange Found in Los Angeles, USA; it is one of a few five-level stack interchanges existed in America. What makes this one so special since it also integrated with metro line and bus transit station right in the middle.
7. Nanpu Bridge Interchange Located right in the middle of Shanghai, it's unique circular design is a smart way to integrate 3 highways while elevating traffic into a very high bridge at the same time.
6. Porta Maggiore Road that go around this historic monument give drivers hurrendous experience with trams and train railways cross exist every 20 feet.
5. Springfield Interchange Being most busiest interchange in USA, it also host two interchange in one place—one for regular highways, another for HOV. It costs 676 million USD which makes it the most expensive intersection in USA (maybe even world).
4. Oyamazaki Interchange Can be found in Osaka, Japan. This tentacles junction makes driver go rounds few times before exit the interchange. Another crazy fact is two unnecessary branch which leads to same destination.
3. Arc de Triomphe Roundabout Being Paris famous landmarks, it also serve 12 roads by its wide roundabout. The traffic atmosphere would trigger question if you are still in Europe.
2. Yan'an Interchange This is the only 6 level stack interchange and the highest stack number on the planet. It joints two elevated motorways while pedestrian overpass and local crossroads uninterrupted.
1. Magic Roundabout Located in Swindon, England; it contains five small roundabouts on each entrance of roads. Its design may look insane but the it works in dispersing traffic into bigger area and accident rate statistic is fine too.
I created this video with the YouTube Video Editor ( This video features images from personalities stated in links below which are licensed under CC BY List of original image owners. (list cannot written here since its too long according to YouTube):
Hep Cats by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (Source: Artist:
Go learn things for free for two months with Skillshare: Follow Half as Interesting on Twitter: Check out my new podcast with Brian from Real Engineering: (iTunes link) (YouTube link) Check out my other channel. Who approved these blue prints? These are 57 of the world's funniest & most EXTREME building & engineering fails ever! Subscribe to Talltanic 50. At the corner of Auschwitz lane and holocaust road. How did no one see this in the blueprints? 49. In the event of an emergency, grab a crowbar or a torch and weld the bars off from around this hydrant. Good luck, you’re going to need it. 48. Duck! These stairs are for the vertically challenged individuals only. 47. We can stay at the second Best Western just to see what the inside of the room. Staying in the corner room non-smoking and by the hallway. 46. Your new office is right this way! 45. These condos come equipped with a workout facility, pool, and every unit comes with a balcony. 44. New improved ATM they are child proof and have the latest technology to keep your money secure. You cannot even see the numbers to punch in your own pin. 43. Child’s ATM, Is there no middle ground? It’s a small world after all. 42. Window access to the stairs. 41. The landscaping is through the roof in this home. 40. The landscaping is off the wall in this one. 39. It is a good thing they stopped there someone could have gotten hurt with no railing on the stairs. 38. Bridge by IKEA. Let’s make sure we read the instructions correctly. I’ll meet you halfway. 37. The menswear is up the stairs. 36. Is this what they mean when they say they have a half-flush toilet? 35. It’s the most fun you’ll never have again. I suppose every playground has a tunnel built on the ground by children leading to China. 34. They must feel walled inside. Think they could try and leave the window open? 33. There is plenty of room to build additional stairs. Seems up to code. 32. Looks about right parking should not be an issue living here. 31. A metaphor for life? Or Dr. Kevorkian kitchen? 30. Introducing the most exclusive club in town. Where’s the doorman? 29. Every employee must be sure to wash their hands five times before returning to work. 28. Stairs are coming soon. I may be able to reach this one. 27. Thank goodness for that handrail it’s the stairway to platform 9 ¾. 26. It is a handi-trap. 25. Don’t hit the wrong switch I suppose the projector needs to cool down. 24. Economy seats still cost $300 on StubHub. 23. Is this a team-building exercise? 22. You have arrived at your destination; please exit to the left. Is this the airport? 21. Stairs are for wussies! These stairs are even handi-capable. 20. Even the trees do not want to be here. 19. These stairs are spiraling out of control. 18. That is not how it is supposed to work. 17. Do we forget what that symbol means? Apparently you need to bring your own ramp. 16. Nice save, looks right, at least, someone is trying to keep up with the time. 15. Almost as bad as going into the stall and realizing after you go there is not toilet paper. Go ahead reach for it! 14. Narnia’s exit door. This secret room is a truly a secret. 13. Not the most comfortable seat around, but hey there is a beautiful ocean view. 12. Yes, seriously just build the stairs six feet to the left. Someone evidently followed instructions. 11. Ring your little bell now, Mr. Cyclist and see what happens. This appears to be an excellent place to put a large pole on the cement path. 10. It’s not stupid if it works, but how are you supposed to shut the door when you get in there stand on the toilet? 9. How’s that meant to work? Just open the door and jump after climbing over the railing. 8. This belongs in a skate park or a playground to be a slide, very x-treme. 7. Suck it in, guys or you will never get out this way. 6. Our bathrooms boast an intimate and friendly setting to help you relax while you use the bathroom. 5. Even more intimate and friendly. 4. The sidewalk is closed you need to make your own pathway. 3. World’s largest pay phone. Wonder what kind of money it takes? Pay phones still exist? Hang on. 2. I’m not a contractor, but I am reasonably sure that building is supposed to be in the middle of the highway. Detour! 1. All Employees must wash fingers only before returning to work. How did these ever make it past the blueprint stage? Someone needs to get fired! Which one of these building blenders made you face palm? Leave a comment below! Dont forget to subscribe for more fun videos like this. Thanks for watching!